Tuesday, March 23, 2010

10 new restaurants, and another 1 marked off the list!

#60 - "Try 25 New-To-Me Restaurants" - Well, Whilst in Boston this past weekend, I quickly knocked another 10 restaurants off my list! (that is to say I ate at 10 new restaurants!!) - bringing my total to 23/25! Two more to go!! So let me tell you a little bit about each one!
1) Cambridge Commons - here we enjoyed two delicious apps of Sweet Potato French Fries (and they were DEEEELISH!) and a small plate of Nachos - which were kind of eh..but the best part of the night had to be the Beer Punch (which we had plenty of i think 3 pitchers..I know we're crazy1) I know you may find yourself wondering...beer punch what the..? Well its a glorious mixture of Lemonade, Poland Springs Vodka, and Sam Adams SummerAle...It was very sweet, but excellent, and we can't wait to make it at home with our homebrew!! (not to say that Sam Adams wasn't AWESOME in it, but the summer ale isnt always in season)
2) Finagle A (or my) Bagel - It was okay. Its definitely a chain, and chain restaurants (especially bagel places) tend to fall short for me most of the time. I'll stick with my Balsam Bagels in Rochester instead. Because they're awesome. Anyway, I got a Jalepeno and Cheddar Bagel with Veggie Creamcheese, and none of it was very good.
3) Luna Cafe - After an amazing experience touring the Sam Adam's Brewery and getting to sample Three new and different kinds of beer, we found our bellys quite hungry for food and more beer, so we wandered over to Luna Cafe (which is in Jamaica Plains, Boston) and each enjoyed a pint with a wonderful pizza covered in garlic, carmalized onions, red sauce, and goat cheese it may not sound great, but it was awesome!
4) That evening we decided to go up into the North End of Boston (A.K.A. - Little Italy) It was great just walking around up there, its so quaint and awesome. Nick - my best friend's boyfriend took us to this little italian retaurant called Pompei. The food tasted some what like a chain restaurant. I got Ravioli, and personally I would've picked a different italian restaurant, knowing how picky I am, but understand that food in Boston isnt cheap and Jess and Nick were on a budget so, all in all it wasnt bad, but it wasnt fantastic either.
5) Sunday morning we decided to explore Harvard Square and happened upon this little place called "Crema Cafe" OH MY GOD. It was packed, and for good reason. Jess and I go the most amazing sandwich I think I've ever had. It was whole wheat toasted bread with Goat Cheese, Sweet Potato, Apple Slices, Spinach, and Avocado. I want another one right now as I type this...SO GOOD! All in all LOVED that place.
6) We found ourselves slowly grazing our way around this day, so after walking to the river we worked up an appetite for BERRY LINE. Berry line is a place that sells frozen yogurt, but not that bullshit TCBY kind. It is legit frozen yogurt, I am still dreaming about it today. I tried three flavors - Raspberry, Original, and Banana, and they were all amazing. and the best part is you top them with fresh fruit or granola! LOVE IT! If you're ever in Boston you have to try Berry Line!!
7) On our way to Berry Line we walked past the cutest place ever. It was called Sweet. and all this little shop sold was the most adorable Cupcakes! Beautiful, Adorable Cupcakes of all varieties. Of course I had to try one of the mini Ones, it was rich and wonderful and I loved it. I felt like a little girl again in that place and Jeremy felt like he was in a doll house soo...haha it was still really awesome.
8) After we decided we were finished with Harvard Square we hopped on the T and ventured to NewBury street in Boston (the most famous street there, its covered in coach, and gucci and other designers). We walked around there, found a park, explore the library for all of 5 seconds before they kicked us out because it was closing, at which point we found ourselves a little thirsty. We wandered over to this awesome Irish Pub called Solas. There Jess and I each enjoyed an Irish Coffee (Baileys, Kaluha, Jameson, and Milk) and Jeremy enjoyed a Guinness, and the three of us shared a basket of Chips with curry sauce. It was good.
9) Veggie Planet - This is the FIRST and ONLY restaurant that I as a vegetarian could have selected any item on the menu! It was so nice to be able to look through and have the choice to eat anything on there! this is a rareity for me so I took it in and enjoyed every minute of it. We all decided that the dining area (which was too small, i mean really toooo small) wasnt very good, but that had we ordered take-out it wouldve been fantastic. Jess and I split a pizza with Butternut Squash, Goat Cheese, Carmelized Onions, and Garlic, and a small plate of Coconut Rice, and Broccoli covered in a Thai Peanut Sauce. AMAZZZZING. I loved it! Jes Loved it, Jeremy was less than thrilled, but happy that I was so happy Everything there was organic, free trade etc. All good more about it here - http://www.veggieplanet.net/
10) The Beanery - This was the restaurant inside the Albany Trainstation Stop. It had the most delicious potato salad! and even had vegetarian options...props to you little cafe for caring about those of us who don't eat meat!

Whew, that was a lot. But boy was it good (most of it anyway).

annnnnnd the second update isssss:
# 100 -"Visit Jess in Boston" - Done and now I will have to visit her in Brussels! We had an amazing time, I'm sure you can judge just by my reviews of the food. It was so wonderful to see my best friend, and to show Jeremy all of my favorite little spots in Boston - We did all kinds of things, like Lay in the Commons,


 Sam Adams Brewery Tour, 
 Explored Newbury Street, Walked through the Public Gardens, Saw Fanieul Hall and Quincy Mahket, Wandered around Harvard Square, tried new foods, etc. It was an amazing time, and we just got back last night here are some more photos, i took over 1000, but it would be crazy to post too many here!!


No comments:

Post a Comment